THE BENIFITS OF THE SUN
Like any other activity, sunbathing can be good for health and leisure but it can also become a focus of physical problems.
The key, experts say, is responsible sunbathing at any time.
Among the main benefits of sunbathing, we find:
* It is an excellent activity to avoid stress, to relax, to look better, and to raise self-esteem.
* It provides vitamins. Sunbathing increases level of vitamin d in the blood.
* It is good for your heart.
* It is good for certain skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema. It also prevents osteoporosis.
However, we also want to review its risks:
* It produces spots and wrinkles on the skin, being an important factor in skin aging.
* The sun’s ultraviolet rays are a risk factor for skin cancer.
* It can cause burns, irritations and damage to epidermal layer.
In general, these problems appear caused by irresponsible or abusive sun exposure, easily avoidable if we take into account three basic behavioral tips:
- Avoid sunbathing between 12.00 and 16.00.
- Use a sunscreen with the appropriate SPF factor for your skin type.
- Be aware of photo-toxic drugs, such as contraceptive pill, that might cause unsightly stains on the skin.
Be responsible and enjoy the sun!!
See you soon